BT Versatility Voicemail not clearing the line when caller hangs up.

Old November 18th 13, 11:12 AM
Sean Connelly Sean Connelly is offline

Default BT Versatility Voicemail not clearing the line when caller hangs up.

Hello,

Iíve recently installed a BT Versaitilty PABX with two PSTN lines & Voicemail at our business and it all seems ok except that I have a problem with one of the two PSTN lines.

One of the settings Iíve had to change is to turn off the Guarded Clear setting on both lines. The problem is that both lines appear to work ok and you can make and receive calls fine. However on one line if an incoming call is answered by the Voicemail then when the caller hangs up, the PABX is not detecting this and holding onto the line. Iíve swapped the lines over at the master sockets and the fault follows the line so I know my wiring and the PABX is not at fault.

The only other thing is the problem line has ADSL enabled but Iím connecting through a filter at all times (at the engineering socket). This line does seem to have more background noise on it and Iím wondering if this is causing the PABX a problem? Iíve tried turning on Guarded Clear but then neither line is released at any time. Iím thinking that the solution would be to ask our telecom provider to designate these as proper business lines which I believe would mean that I would need Guarded Clear enabled as the characteristics on the line changes? Or I could see if they would investigate the background noise issue?

Any suggestions / recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards

Sean