BT Versatility PBX - Ports Module not recognised

Old July 11th 14, 07:50 AM
blueglowey blueglowey is offline

Default BT Versatility PBX - Ports Module not recognised

Hi All,

Looking for some help regarding a BT Versatility PBX and a ports module that does not seem to be recognized by it. Our PBX has modules installed in the following order

Base | 8 port | 8 port | Options | 8 port | 8 port

When programming from a feature phone I can see only 32 extensions when I would expect to see 40 (8 in the base plus 4 * 8 from the ports modules). I can dial all 32 extensions (20-52) listed and I have reseated the last module several times as it seems to be the one that is not detected as well as power cycling the whole system (mains and BBU).

Do i have to tell (program/configure) the PBX that a new module has been installed to see 40 extensions or is there some 'don't use the last slot on your pbx' rule?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Cheers

James
Old July 13th 14, 09:00 AM
Lectrician Lectrician is offline

Early models only went upto 32 extensions, not 40.

I am pretty sure a firmware upgrade sorted this, pretty sure it was not a hardware change.
Old July 14th 14, 11:09 AM
blueglowey blueglowey is offline

Lectrician,

Thanks for the info. Any hints on were I would get the firmware to do an upgrade?

Cheers

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lectrician View Post