Lock 39 Key or new lock

Old March 23rd 16, 02:16 PM
BigClick BigClick is offline

Location: West Mids
Default Lock 39 Key or new lock

Hello all, my name is Ray and I'm a newbie here.

I have coinbox 14d (button A/B) and I have lost the mech cover key. Its a lock39.

I would like to ask for a spare lock and key or a list of maintainece region suffix codes so I can then ask for a loan of the correct key

Alternatively maybe someone knows how to hack the lock without damaging it so I can maybe reverse engineer a key?

I have tried finding a locksmith (a proper one) but they are hard to find and are charging too much.

Best regards,

Ray
Old March 23rd 16, 05:00 PM
BigClick BigClick is offline

Location: West Mids

Originally Posted by BigClick View Post
Hello all, my name is Ray and I'm a newbie here.

I have coinbox 14d (button A/B) and I have lost the mech cover key. Its a lock39.

I would like to ask for a spare lock and key or a list of maintainece region suffix codes so I can then ask for a loan of the correct key

Alternatively maybe someone knows how to hack the lock without damaging it so I can maybe reverse engineer a key?

I have tried finding a locksmith (a proper one) but they are hard to find and are charging too much.

Best regards,

Ray
I have now hacked into the box, removed the lock 39 and I can see its a 39CB, so it would be great if anyone has a spare 39CB.

Having dismantled the lock it looks like it would'nt be too difficult to make a key, but I would prefer the real thing if there is one spare.

Thanks
Old March 27th 16, 10:02 AM
Pellseinydd Pellseinydd is offline

Originally Posted by BigClick View Post
I have now hacked into the box, removed the lock 39 and I can see its a 39CB, so it would be great if anyone has a spare 39CB.

Having dismantled the lock it looks like it would'nt be too difficult to make a key, but I would prefer the real thing if there is one spare.

Thanks
I needed a couple of keys for a Lock 39 that I have (somewhere) and I took it to a 'Master Locksmith' and had a couple of keys produced for 15 from memory. Same locksmiths have 'picked' the locks on several payphones I have taken in over the years - been about 20 for 'picking' and producing a new key. A lot cheaper than buying a new lock. If I can find the box of locks I've got I'll see what the lock number is. It is one of the reasons that I try to fit the earlier less secure 'Lock No 31' all of which use the same key - Key J - but I have found variants of the key. See http://britishtelephones.com/lock31.htm
Ian