Old September 3rd 13, 06:28 PM
petercushion petercushion is offline

Default Becoming a Reseller

Apologies if I've started a thread thats alrerady been posted elsewhere, I have searched but I can't find a post similar.

Im also new to the forum, so Hello!

I currently work for a Telecoms provider and I am thinking about starting up my own company, probably as a reseller for somebody else and grow my own company along side it, with a view to going solo in a year or two. I currently process orders for WLR3 products (ISDN2, PSTN, ISDN30's) and I handle faults (I also do out of hours faults) as well as process invoices. My problem would be, how would I generate a customer base? I've got a good idea of what customers would pay for lines and calls but would you just ring another company and say "hi, im Pete, I can offer you better rates great customer service etc"? Would somebody sign a contract on that sort of a basis? The contracts that pass through my hands are certainly not in very much depth, so are people happy to be sent a contract to sign and then transfer to another provider? Or, would I need to visit each prospect in person and introduce myself, give a presentation on my company etc?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

cheers,

Peter.